Newly Leaked Canon 1DX Mark II Specifications
There are some new specs to the new Canon 1DX Mark II that are circulating the camera news sites and forums. DPreview users mentioned that Digicame-Info.com has suggested some updated, and conflicting with what we previously suggested, specifications of the successor of the Canon flagship Canon EOS 1DX. This is what they are suggesting, although keep in mind information about the new EOS 1DX Mark II has been very scarce at best and Canon’s ship has been proven leak proof so far as far as the 1DX Mark II go:
- 20.2MP CMOS sensor
- Dynamic range improvement – suggestions are at around 15 stops range
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- 61-point AF system, which range is expanded. 41-point cross-type. All of the distance measuring point can be selected at F8
- With lighting AF point red
- There is a suggestion that all focusing points can be selected at F8…
- AI AF accuracy and motion tracking has improved Servo AF III +
- Dual DIGIC6 + processor
- New mirror drive system that enables high speed continuous shooting
- 4K video at 60 frames per second. Possible internal recording to CFast2.0T media
- Burst shooting at up to 16 frames/sec (live view mode)
- Dual pixel CMOS AF, enables smooth AF with 4K video
- GPS built-in
- USB3.0 and HDMI connectors
- Dust and water proof
- Wi-Fi option (WFT-E8)
- Dimensions of 158mm x 167.6mm x 82.6mm
- Weight – 1340g
The EOS 1DX Mark II seems to be equipped with a 4K video shooting at 60 frames per second. Auto Focus seems to change a bit with the distance measurement focusing points range is expanded. It seems quite amazing that all of the focusing points are enabled at F8.
In appearance the thing that stands out is the climax of penta upper portion and there is a suggestion whether this would be a GPS receiver or not. Besides that it is where the frame speed and ISO range of continuous shooting in normal mode is a concern.
Stay tuned for the latest news!!!